Lighting is a key element of home décor that sets the mood and function for a room. When selecting light fixtures for your home or office. It is important to choose your light fixtures carefully to provide the mood and function you desire. The following tips will help you find the best light fixtures for your home or office.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Light Fixtures for Any Room
- Function. The most important element to consider when choosing light fixtures is the function of the room. Bathrooms, kitchens and offices typically require more direct lighting than a bedroom or living area. Direct lighting is best used when visibility is important and can be fixed over tables, counters and other work stations. Downward-focused pendant light fixtures are an excellent option to provide focused light in a room.
- Mood. Lighting plays an important role in the overall feel and ambiance of the room. Before you select light fixtures, imagine the mood you would like the room to evoke. The lighting you select can make a room feel bright and airy or dark and serious (or anywhere in between). Fixtures that create indirect lighting are often effective at creating an intimate feel in a room. You can create a more intimate setting by using dimmer lighting.
- Size of the Room. Consider the size of the room when you decide which light fixtures to install. Consider the scale of the room. If you have low ceilings, consider installing flush-mounted fixtures. You can use also use lighting to visually expand or contract a room. Illuminating the walls of a small room will make it appear bigger. You can also make a high ceiling seem lower with hanging fixtures.
- Style. Once you’ve determined the type of lighting you’re looking for, you can begin to select specific light fixtures that match your style. Light fixtures come in styles to suit any type of décor. You can select light fixtures that are modern, vintage, rustic or classic, depending on your tastes and the style of the room you’re decorating.
- Combination Lighting. The amount of natural light available in a room can vary greatly depending on the weather, season and time of day. Using a combination of lighting can make a room more versatile and suitable for multiple uses. Having direct and indirect lighting on different switches makes it easy to adjust the type of light depending on the user’s needs. Direct lighting, while useful for tasks, can seem harsh if you’re sitting down to socialize with friends. Having multiple types of lighting can add versatility to a room.
Are you in the process of choosing high-quality and attractive lighting for your home? We can help. Our goal is to make purchasing lighting an easy and enjoyable experience. Unlike many of our competitors, the majority of our products are made right here in the United States. Contact Kiva Lighting today if you have any questions (800) 275-5482.